Following these simple "do's" and "don'ts" will help ensure that payments you mail to the NCDOR are processed as quickly as possible.
- Opt to pay online, as this is the most secure and efficient way to make a payment
- Make all checks or money orders payable to N.C. Department of Revenue
- Include either a payment voucher or your name, social security number, the type of tax, and the applicable tax year/period with your check or money order
- Send cash
- Leave the "pay to" field blank
- Use funds drawn from a foreign bank
There are alternative payment methods available for tax payments that may contain foreign funds or are associated with a foreign bank account.