Eligibility Requirements and Product Details
- To access an online eFile for Free product, click a product link in the table below.
- Using another link may result in fees being assessed.
- Ensure that the selected product supports the forms you intend to file.
- If your selected product doesn't offer payment options or you prefer to pay by Visa or MasterCard, you can use our website to pay your taxes online.
- If you don't qualify for eFile for Free, please review the listing of other approved software products to find one that suits your filing needs.
Free File Alliance (FFA) Providers
These Free File products are affiliated with the Free File Alliance (FFA), which partners with the IRS and state revenue agencies to offer free electronic tax services to qualifying taxpayers.
- By clicking a product link, you will leave the NCDOR website and be directed to a privately-owned website operated by a third party eFile provider. When using an eFile for Free product, you may be presented with opportunities to browse fee-based products and services (e.g., IRAs, mutual funds) offered by that software provider. The decision to buy fee-based services is entirely up to you; you do not need to make a purchase to use an eFile for Free product.
- Please note that the product information provided on this page is subject to change and is provided by eFile providers.
- All eFile software providers must test and request approval for eFile each tax season.
- NCDOR is not affiliated with any eFile provider, does not endorse specific products, and is not responsible for any errors from computations done via an eFile provider's software.
- If you need assistance with a software product, contact customer support for that product. NCDOR does not provide technical software support.