This notice is sent as a reminder that the next Installment Agreement payment will be due soon. The next installment date is listed as the Due Date beneath the notice number on the top right side of the notice.
About Your Notice
The taxpayer is in an Installment Payment Agreement with the Department, and this is a reminder that the next Installment Agreement payment will be due soon. This agreement is also known as a payment plan.
For the fastest processing, pay online. Have the notice number available when paying.
- Make the installment payment at least 15 days before the due date to allow time for processing.
- The Installment Agreement payment must be received and processed by the Due Date.
For more information, review our Installment Payment Agreement page. If there are additional questions, the taxpayer can call 1-877-252-3252.
If you cannot make a scheduled payment, or a payment is returned to us from your bank or financial institution, the agreement will be in default.
- To avoid default, pay online within 10 days.
- If the payment was returned from the bank, the amount must equal the scheduled payment plus a returned check penalty (10% of the scheduled payment amount.)
- Deducting 10% of the taxpayer's wages paid before deductions
- Freezing funds in the taxpayer's bank account
- Seizing personal or business assets
For more information, review the Installment Payment Agreement page's section on requirements.
The NC Statutes require that the Department send a Notice of Collection for all past due taxes.
Please disregard the notice if it was for past due taxes being paid as part of this agreement.