eFile for Businesses
The NCDOR officially began accepting 2022 income tax returns for Corporate Income and Franchise as well as Partnership Income on Friday, February. 10. Estates and Trusts Income tax returns were accepted beginning January. 27. Read our latest press release for more information.
File using competitively priced software. eFile for business is available for current, amended, and prior year returns and payments.
Choose your tax type (below) to view a list of approved eFile software products. Be sure the eFile software provider and product that you select supports the forms you want to file and/or pay.
Corporate Income and Franchise
What is eFile?
- An electronic method of filing and paying federal and state taxes using NCDOR-approved, commercial tax preparation software
- A partnership program offered by the IRS (federal), NCDOR (state), and participating software providers
- Frequently referred to as MeF (Modernized Electronic Filing)
Filing your taxes
- eFile supports several filing options:
- File state and federal returns together or separately
- Current, amended, or prior years (up to two years prior to current year)
- Application for extension
- Estimated income tax, with the exception of taxed Partnerships and S-Corporations
Paying your taxes
- Some eFile providers offer payment options to
- Pay by bank draft
- Pay when you eFile your return, or
- Schedule your payment when you eFile your return
- tax due payments can be scheduled up until the due date of the return
- extension payments can be scheduled up to 6 months in advance
- estimated payments can be scheduled up to 12 months in advance
- You can also pay using the NCDOR website or by mail.
Choosing your refund options
- Credit of overpayment as an estimated income tax payment for the next year
- Contribution to NC Nongame and Endangered Wildlife Fund
- Contribution to NC Education Endowment Fund
- Receipt of a paper refund check
Want more information?