Address Change

To avoid delays in receiving your refund, be sure to include your correct mailing address on your return including apartment and or box number and the proper zip code. Print your name and address in capital letters in the boxes provided at the top of Form D-400. Also enter your social security number(s) in the boxes provided. Use black or blue ink only. Do not use red ink or pencil. Also, do not enter zeros or draw lines in boxes where no data is required. If you are planning to move and have already mailed your return, please notify the Department of your forwarding address by calling the North Carolina Department of Revenue toll-free at 1-877-252-3052. Have your social security number and your correct mailing address ready when you call.

If you are unable to call, write a letter requesting a change of address to Customer Service, P.O. Box 1168 Raleigh, North Carolina 27602-1168. Be sure to include your name, social security number and correct mailing address in the letter.