Notices and Updates

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Effective January 1, 2018, all corporate annual reports must be filed directly with the Secretary of State's Office.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The motor fuels and alternative fuels tax rate for 2018 will increase from 34.3 cents per gallon to 35.1 cents per gallon.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Form E-505 is revised and is available on the Department’s website.

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The N.C. Department of Revenue launched its redesigned website on Thursday, Dec. 7. The new site is easier to navigate and more accessible for taxpayers and the public.

Friday, November 17, 2017

The new codes are consistent with the Federation of Tax Administrators (FTA) uniform product codes. The new codes will be used with the December 2017 motor fuels tax returns, which are due in January 2018

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Some products have been removed from previous versions of the list of products exempt from Sales and Use Tax.

Full Details

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Purchasers may elect to have seller collect and remit sales and use taxes on certain purchases.

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The North Carolina Department of Revenue recognizes that recent hurricanes may have affected the ability of certain taxpayers to meet North Carolina’s filing deadlines.

Monday, October 9, 2017

The notice communicates technical corrections signed into law as S.L. 2017-212, on October 9, 2017.

Read full notice

Monday, October 2, 2017

The notice outlines the steps taxpayers must follow to use the expedited mail services.

Read full notice

Subscribe to Notices and Updates