Form E-595EA, Application for Exemption Certificate Number for Qualified Purchases

An exemption certificate number is required to be obtained by a commercial fisherman, commercial logger, or wildlife manager who is not registered with the Department for sales and use tax purposes that wishes to purchase qualifying items exempt from sales and use tax. Use this application to apply for an exemption certificate number from the Department for use in purchasing qualifying items without payment of sales and use tax.  Please note that a completed Form WM-1, Certification of Classification and Taxation as Wildlife Conservation Land Under G.S. 105-277.15 must be attached to the application for wildlife managers seeking an exemption certificate number.