If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing the Tax Fraud Referral Form. You may fill out the form online, print it and mail it to:
N C Department of Revenue
Criminal Investigations Division
P O Box 27431
Raleigh, North Carolina 27611-7431
If you do not wish to use the Tax Fraud Referral Form, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:
- Name and address of the person you are reporting
- The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)
- A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information
- The years involved
- The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income
- Your name, address and daytime telephone number
Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so.
Suspected tax fraud cannot be reported over the phone.
Tax Fraud Hotline: 1-800-232-4939