In an effort to assist more taxpayers during the upcoming tax filing period, the North Carolina Department of Revenue (NCDOR) will offer extended phone hours beginning Monday, Jan. 6.
Live phone assistance will be available for certain topics from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. Those areas with extended service include phone lines for:
- Individual income, attachment and garnishment issues at 1-877-252-3252 or 1-877-252-5152
- Employer garnishment questions at 1-888-352-0116
- Options to speak to an agent in the individual income tax menu at 1-877-252-3052
- Taxpayers who call back after receiving a message from NCDOR's automated dialing system at 1-877-252-4962
- Options for obtaining Spanish language assistance through 1-877-252-3252 or 1-877-252-3052
All other lines for live telephone assistance will remain open between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Visit the NCDOR website for a complete list of contact information and numbers.
P.O. Box 25000, Raleigh, NC 27640-0001
An Equal Opportunity Employer